Friday, April 10, 2009

Not just another Friday....

You died for me today.

I wonder how You did it. All those horrible steps to the cross. The beatings and torture. The shame. The nails through Your hands and feet.

I know You cried. I know You prayed.

At any time You could have said, "Stop. They're not worth it."

But You didn't.

Sometimes I wonder how someone could ever love me that much - to die for me.

But I'm starting to get it. I promise. It's beginning to really sink in.

You did the will of Your Father, even when You knew You would suffer and pay the price.

For us.

And I'm forever grateful for You, my precious Savior.

I want to do God's will like You did.

The best part? I can't wait to glorify Your rise in three short days.

The very thought gives me goosebumps.

I love You.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sarah! Tears... goosebumps... love... I am feeling all of it. I love you!

    ReplyDelete