Monday, February 2, 2009

God's amazing light in the darkness.

It was mentioned to me a few weeks ago that the way I live my life may have been a small influence in someone's quest to re-connect with God. This individual is a co-worker and dear friend whom I care for very much.

It was amazing to hear that even at a place where I feel I'm oftentimes the WORST possible witness, where I get caught up in the day-to-day grumblings, gossip, and troubles of this world, that somewhere in me someone saw even the slightest bit of a glimmer of that hope that God provides. It's just a reminder that God can work through a terribly average, flawed person to reveal Himself. It's a humbling, terrifying, and reassuring thought to know my Creator touches others through me in ways I can't even see.

I'm glad to know that my life does reflect God's purposes and that I can have a positive impact on others in their relationships with Jesus.

Please pray for my friend that she may find what she is looking for, and that she will continue to grow in the Lord. I'm so honored to be even the smallest little puzzle piece in her journey. He has so many wonderful things in store for all of us, if only we are willing to seek Him!

1 comment:

  1. I would call you anything but terribly average... you are far from it my dear. Actually you are a beautiful creation of our Lord. And together we can work on not getting caught up on the daily distractions.

    ReplyDelete