Friday, February 6, 2009

It's all about timing.

Something happened this morning (I'd rather not go into details,) that really put a damper on my unusually chipper Friday morning. As many close to me know, I'm not the world's most patient person, so it's difficult for me to yield my plans and goals to what the Lord has in store for me. I get so wrapped up in the little cocoon I've created for myself and how I think my life should progress that I completely forget that I'm not in control of it. Well, did I have a big wake up call this morning! It really humbled me and reminded me of the following scriptures:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? - Matthew 6: 25-26

Meditating on these simple, straightforward passages throughout the day slowly brought me out of my funk. I realize that I may never achieve or have all of the things I want for me, but that God has things in store for me that are so much greater than I can even imagine. All I have to do is wait on Him.

1 comment:

  1. And His plans for us are such a beautiful, glorious gift. God is guiding you and me. No better time to wait than with the ones you love, right?

    ReplyDelete