Friday, October 2, 2009

Missing you.

It's so hard to believe that's it’s been so long since I've seen your face. Eleven long years missing you with such an intensity that's still fresh in my heart. I remember having "guys breakfasts" with you and Dad. Your bib overalls. The way your heart valve clicked. I remember your great joy and appreciation of a good meal. I remember you catching my feet while I was swinging and asking, "Where are you going to go now?" It saddens me that you never met Brent, never saw me graduate college, and will never meet my children. It makes me sad that my babies will never know you and the absolutely amazing person that you were. My heart breaks that there are no new pictures of you, no new messages on my answering machine with your voice. I can't pick up the phone and tell you that I love you.

I know your life was one well lived and without regrets. Every breath was filled with passion and love for life and God's wonderful creation. You gardened. You exercised. You prayed. You worked hard at everything you did. You helped at the church. And you loved your family and friends like no one I've ever known.

I have no doubt where you are now, and that you are at peace. You no longer know pain or suffering and no longer feel sadness. I know that you are with the Savior you love so dearly. I know I will see you again one day, and some days I just can't wait for that day to come. Until then, my heart is calmed by knowing that you are one of my favorite of Heaven's angels, saving a special place for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment