I love fall...love, love, love it! I adore the crisp cool breezes and the hazy sunlight through the colored leaves. I can't wait for the leaves to turn this year....sometimes it feels as if time is moving so slowly. I love pumpkins and apple cider slushes and bonfires and hayrides and Halloween and baking and getting ready for the winter. I can't believe that this time next year I'll have a little one to share my favorite season with and take to the pumpkin patch for her first pumpkin. Hopefully she'll like the short, fat little pumpkins like I do. I don't know why I've always chosen those, but they've always been my favorites. It always worked out well as a child because my sister preferred the tall, skinny pumpkins. What a weird, particular family we have...
Last night Riley played in the yard (we haven't been able to drag Higgie out there lately) and Brent and I did absolutely nothing productive. We watched old episodes of The Office on TBS (all night long) and I fell asleep on the couch around 8:30. I awoke around 9:00 to a soft kiss on my forehead and a cool breeze blowing through the window. Why can't I wake up like that every time? I was treated to some ice cream and was sleeping again by 9:30. My wonderful husband let me sleep and roused me around 11 to get me into our own bed.
In baby news, McBaby is moving more and more but Brent still hasn't been able to feel her. I'm not sure if she's big enough or making enough movement for him to feel her yet, but I also think he loses patience with it quickly. He keeps saying "I'll feel her soon" or "we have 3 1/2 months left" but I want so badly for him to feel what I've been feeling. It's so amazing to feel her moving around in there, even though sometimes she moves at the worst times (she was really active this morning around 3:30).
On Sunday, Brent broke his arm playing softball. I am so sad for him because he loves the game so much and he's essentially done for the season. We are also right smack dab in the middle of a pretty major renovation to our master bedroom and bathroom (read: down to the studs in our bathroom) and that kind of puts a damper on things. Thank God for great friends and family, many of whom have already offered their services for our project. I am so thankful we are surrounded by such good people in our lives.
Well, back to the grind. I just wanted to give an update and say I'm so excited about entering my favorite time of year. Now I suddenly have a hankering for a decaf pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks...too bad I don't have a lunchbreak today, or I would totally treat myself to one. Maybe I can twist Brent's good arm and talk him into buying me an overpriced cup of joe for the second time this week on our way to Bible study tonight... :)
Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter. ~Carol Bishop Hipps
No comments:
Post a Comment