Pray for me, por favor. My attitude has been very poor lately, and I need to snap out of it. Instead of going through the correct path to deal with my problems, I keep internalizing them and trying to work through them myself, and I get frustrated all the more. I know I won't get anything accomplished that way, but I keep holding onto it. (Maybe I like being miserable?) Sooo....there are a lot of things in my life I need prayer for, and I will leave it at that. But number one right now is that attitude...
OK. Back to folding laundry now. :/
I saw this in a Christian Women's magazine. It was 6 ways to change your attitude. This one really stuck with me:
ReplyDelete4. Thankful Notes. Writing requires us to slow down, reflect, and choose our words carefully.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 tells us to "encourage one another and build each other up…” Thoughtfully telling people what they mean to you will build up their spirit.
If you have a husband, write a letter detailing why you’re thankful for him. Find a nice quiet time to read it aloud to him.
If you have children, write a letter to each of them, separately. (Write even if they are young. They’ll treasure it some day.) If you have teens, perhaps leave the letters in their rooms to be “discovered” and read alone. Identify their strengths and encourage them with appreciative comments on those positive characteristics.
Keep several little note cards in supply. Then once a month, ask God to show you someone to bless — a neighbor, bus driver, scout leader or co-worker. A simple note saying “I thank God for you” will suffice.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... here is my little note card...
"I thank God for you, Sarah McMeans"
Love ya.